Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Big Surprise - Amy Peterman Lies to the Detroit News!!

Well readers, you have to give Amy Peterman credit. For all her many faults, at least she's consistent - she lies to everyone!!
The Detroit News just came out with their Election 2008 Michigan Voter Guide. (Available online here.) I took a look at Amy Peterman's responses to the News' questionnaire, and it was classic Amy Peterman - full of lies. You can read Peterman's entry here.
First of all, just like in the League of Women Voters' guide (see below), Amy Peterman presents herself as some sort of saint, fighting for the rights of abused children. In the Detroit News' Voter guide, Peterman claims that she:
...advocated for the protection of children's rights in abuse cases...
Hmmm. Good thing Amy Peterman doesn't have to back up her claim. Otherwise, all she would have to show for her advocacy in child abuse cases would be this , where we all now know that she advocated forcefully for the protection of the rights of a child abuser.
On second thought, maybe Peterman's grasp of the English language isn't all that strong. After all, the Observer-Eccentric had this to say about Ms. Peterman when covering the upcoming election (link here):
Peterman... comes up short in the marketplace of ideas.
They said it, not me. Anyway, maybe Amy Peterman meant to write that she "advocated for the protection of child abusers rights in abuse cases." This, after all, is the truth. So maybe Amy wasn't trying to lie. Her English just iznt dat goot. The only problem is that she repeats this ridiculous claim 2-3 more times in her other answers. I guess she's really proud of her career involvement in child abuse cases. She certainly has a lot to show for it.
But the real gem comes later on in the News' questionnaire. The Detroit News posed the following question:
Do you favor expanding inmate diversion programs, such as tethering, for non-violent criminals?
Now, I'll admit I don't know what 'tethering' actually means (a quick Google search indicated that it has something to do with attaching GPS receivers to prisoners to let them go free and then monitor their whereabouts). But here's what Amy Peterman responded:
While I take issue with the phrase "non-violent" criminals, I do support expanding diversion programs to those who have been evaluated and determined to be a lesser threat to society than others.
Honestly, I couldn't make this stuff up. If you don't believe me, go ahead and check it out for yourself (link). It seems that Amy Peterman now "takes issue" with the term "non-violent." Wait a minute! Amy Peterman herself was the one screaming "non-violent" when it came to defending her client accused of the violent penetration of a 5 year old!! See for yourself here. All of a sudden she "takes issue" with the term, just like prosecutor Robert Zivian and Judge Rae Lee Chabot "took issue" with her own claim that violent penetration of a 5 year old is a "non-violent" crime.
Again, I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to. I feel bad for Amy Peterman. In addition to showing herself to have no integrity or moral character as a mother (or simply as a human being), she has also now shown herself to be a compulsive liar.
While Amy will fit right in if she makes it to Lansing, lord help the 39th district if she does.

No comments: