Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Amy Peterman Lies to the League of Women Voters!!

You'd think Amy Peterman, as a woman, would at least take the League of Women Voters seriously. Presumably, as a female candidate for office, Peterman would appreciate the importance of a group like the League of Women Voters, and would deal with them in an honest and candid fashion.
But this is Amy Peterman we're dealing with here. Guess again.
Here is a direct quote from Peterman's submission to the League of Women Voters' recently released candidate guide (available in PDF format for all to see here):
I have practiced law... where I specialized in adoption law... [and] represented... abused children. ... My background and experience have helped people build a better future for themselves and their families.... I have helped bring positive change to people's lives...
Well there you have it folks! After being publicly noted as a fierce defender of the rights of violent child (sexual) abusers, Amy Peterman now champions herself as the protector of abused children!! I suppose that when Amy Peterman insisted that her client, a babysitter, should be released because he committed "no violent crime" in Peterman's mind, she was trying to protect abused children, right???
Additionally, I'm sure that advocating for the release of a creep accused of violent sexual abuse of a five year old is the type of "positive change to people's lives" that Amy Peterman is so proud of.
Bravo, Amy. You certainly have a lot to be proud of. Your track record certainly speaks for itself. But what's even more telling is the sick way that you spin it. Don't represent violent child abusers and then claim you defend the abused. I must say, though, you certainly have figured out how to act like a politician. When all else fails, LIE! Guess that's why you have all those pictures of yourself cozying up to other politicians on your website. For Shame.

No comments: